How To Train One Potato, Two Potatoes
Caitie is sharing ideas for utilizing the preschool track “One Potato, Two Potatoes” within the classroom and at dwelling for many enjoyable studying with little ones. She has numerous nice concepts! And he or she’ll lead us by means of the track utilizing gestures – a wonderful solution to introduce a track to youngsters. “One Potato, Two Potatoes” is a straightforward counting track that additionally explores singular and plurals.
Attempt these concepts within the classroom or at dwelling!
- This can be a nice track to assessment some easy counting. Encourage your college students to depend together with the track. You may depend in your fingers, level to numbers written on the board, or depend together with actual life gadgets like potatoes!
- For a easy counting exercise, minimize out circles from brown development paper to be the potatoes. You may have greater than seven to assessment extra numbers, and depend them as a gaggle. You may write a quantity on the board, or just say a quantity, and have your college students depend out that many potatoes right into a pile.
- This track can also be nice to make use of as a easy selecting rhyme. When you must decide a scholar within the class for an exercise, or you probably have a variety of issues to select from, you should utilize this rhyme and level at a distinct merchandise or scholar for every potato, and the very last thing you level to on “extra” is the fortunate chosen one.
- Attempt making up a foolish potato dance to do together with your college students, the place you depend and transfer like a potato as you sing.
- For extra energetic motion, attempt giving your college students flashcards with the numbers and potatoes on them and place them so as in a row from one to seven. Then have your college students stand in a line and as you sing, bounce from quantity to quantity. On the finish of the verse, return to primary and bounce some extra! To make it a bit tougher, combine up the playing cards and lay them down out of order so your college students have to leap backwards and forwards as they sing. You probably have a variety of college students, decide one or two utilizing this track as a selecting rhyme, and have them bounce whereas the remainder of the scholars sing the track.
- This track may also be a easy means of introducing singular and plural. Typically multiples of one thing are represented by the letter ‘S’ on the finish of the phrase. One potato. Two potatoes. Singing this track can assist college students acknowledge these sounds that signify considered one of one thing, and multiples of one thing.
- To maintain this selecting rhyme enjoyable and contemporary, you may at all times change the phrase potato to be something in any respect. Attempt bananas, papayas, pianos, or flamingos!